Hi, my name is Rachel and I love food.
I love to eat it, to look at it, to browse for it, to read about it, to cook it for my family and friends – I love, love, love it……
Where do I live?
I live in Dubai, where the sun shines all year round and for 4 months of the year popping outside is like sticking your head into a roasting oven!
So who is in our family?
There are five of us in our family – my lovely husband, #1 and #2 teenage sons and our daughter.
Oh and let’s not forget Rex – the world’s laziest and most neurotic dog.
What’s so special about food and cooking to me?
For me food is about joy; it’s about excitement on a plate; it’s about sharing love. I don’t cook fancy food – I’d rather go out to eat like that – but I cook tasty, fresh, mostly healthy, simple food …. food that’s good for the soul.
I suppose when it comes down to it, there are a few principles behind the way I cook and these principles are the drivers behind what I cook, how I cook and when I cook. Let me share a few facts with you about how food fits into our family –
- We are
mostlyalways busy. It’s how we choose to be, but it does mean that our food needs to be a little planned and can’t be time consuming to prepare as we are oftenalways rushing from one thing to another.
- We eat a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Treats are really important and are always enjoyed. And these are proper treats – never low fat or artificially sweetened … and no apologies. A little bit of what you fancy is fine when it isn’t all the time.
- Life is too short to peel a tomato.
So, how can I help you?
Squeezing a love of good food and cooking into a jam packed schedule means that I have loads of ideas, strategies, tips and inspiration for making your food work – without it becoming a chore. And before we moved to Dubai, I ran a catering business in the UK – so food is what I do. This is food for busy lives and its about to make your life easier … and more delicious.
What are my favourite recipes on the blog?
Of course I love them all, but if I had to choose right now, this is what I’d pick –
- Overnight Date & Muesli Muffins – the power to transform you into a kitchen hero.
- Pesto Pasta – our ‘go-to’ dinner.
- Sausage & Bean Hotpot – serious comfort food and can be prepared ahead of time.
- Green Pea & Courgette Soup – my new favourite soup, especially with the ‘show off’ garnish.
- Sweetcorn & Lime Salsa – I could eat this with anything.
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies – SO easy and SO gloriously delicious. A perfect gift too.
- Chocolate Tiffin – works as a treat, a dessert, a canapé, a gift. And it’s impossible to only eat one …
- Carrot Cake – it’s the secret ingredient that swings it for me.
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce – puts a smile on the face of even the grumpiest child … and adults too.
How can you be sure that you don’t miss any new posts?
The very best way of all is to subscribe for email alerts. This means that you will get an email landing in your in-box every time there is a new post – so you’ll always be the first to know about the things that are hot off the press. You can do it right here, so no need for any delay –
All you need to do is put your email address in the box and press ‘GO’. We will then send you an email to confirm your subscription and you’ll need to press ‘Yes, subscribe me to the list’. It’s a two click process. Easy peasy. Oh, and I promise, I will guard your email address with my life. Scout’s honour.
Have fun exploring my food for busy lives. Enjoy!