It’s smoothie time.
After making the Coconut and Lime Syrup Muffins the other day, I had a couple of ‘zested but still intact’ limes winking at me to be used from the fridge. A dash of lime juice felt like the perfect zing to add to a morning smoothie and using it to balance the syrupy sweetness of a mango was sounding good. Really good.
It’s a healthy one too. Use whatever milk you are enjoying right now (dairy, soy, almond, cashew, coconut …) and if, like me, you struggle to keep full on a smoothie until lunch, throw a couple of tablespoons of protein powder in there too (pick it up from your health food store). That’ll do the trick.
A smoothie also provided the perfect opportunity to test drive these cuter than cute jars that I picked up in Dublin at Tiger, a design-led spin on the ‘pound shop’ idea, where it was opening day for their new shop. My lovely husband can sleep easy knowing that Tiger haven’t made it to Dubai yet. That would be dangerous.
So start the day the zesty way. But beware the brain freeze …!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 small cheeks of frozen mango - about 200g / 7oz
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (optional)
- Juice of ½ large (or 1 small) lime
- 2 cups milk (dairy, soy, nut, coconut - you choose)
- Throw everything into a high speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add a little more milk if you'd like your smoothie to be less thick.