The 'Everywhere' French Carrot Salad
This is essentially grated carrot in a light oil and lemon dressing and tossed with a little parsley or coriander. I suppose it's akin to a 'fresher' version of coleslaw, in that it has a bit of a zing from the citrus and none of the sweet creaminess from the mayo dressing. Don't be fooled by its simplicity.
- Author: Rachel
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 350g (12oz) carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- a small bunch of parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- Put the grated carrots in a large bowl (it's easier to mix anything in a larger bowl).
- Now combine the oil, lemon juice, honey, ground cumin, salt and pepper to make a dressing. I add them all to a jar, then screw on the lid and give it a good shake. Adjust the ingredients to your taste if necessary.
- Toss the carrots with the dressing and fork through the chopped, fresh herbs.
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour and serve at room temperature.
Keywords: carrot, vegetables, salad, side, healthy