Nutella & Banana Muffins
These are delicious muffins and what makes them even better is that they are super quick and easy to make...
Inspired by this recipe at thelondoner.me
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: British
- 230g (8oz) self raising flour
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 115g (4oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large, very ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g (7oz) Nutella - at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC Fan/350ºF (gas mark 4).
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, except the Nutella.
- Now combine the two and gently fold the batter together - gently is the word here ... it should look a bit vile at this stage.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases.
- Blob a large teaspoon of Nutella on the top of each one and use a cocktail stick to swirl it around.
- Pop the muffins in the oven and bake for 18-20 mins until the mixture springs back when you press it.
- Leave to cool and enjoy - you are free from the curse of the overripe banana ... for now...
Keywords: cosy, afternoon tea, indulgent