Super-Healthy Sicilian Fish Stew
This Super-Healthy Sicilian Fish Stew has it all - healthy, stylish and oh so tasty but also tonnes of flavour (loving that preserved lemon)
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 celery stalks, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 anchovies
- a pinch of chilli flakes (to taste)
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1.5l (2½ pints) vegetable stock
- ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped (or the grated zest of ½ lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 200g (7oz) quinoa
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) thick white fish fillet, skin and bones removed and cut into bite sized pieces.
- salt and pepper
- a handful parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a wide, shallow pan. Add the onion, celery, garlic, anchovies and chilli flakes. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the preserved lemon, tomato puree and quinoa. Combine well and bring to the boil before simmering for 12 minutes.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and carefully add it to the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes until the fish is done.
- Taste to check the seasoning and sprinkle over the parsley to finish. If you are using grated lemon zest instead of preserved lemon, sprinkle it over the dish now.
Keywords: prepare ahead, entertaining, fresh