Baked rhubarb with orange
Perfect on a bowl of Greek yoghurt, a portion of porridge or just as it comes.
Tweaked from a recipe in The Guardian
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 500g (1lb) rhubarb, washed, trimmed and cut into 5-10cm (2-4")chunks
- 75g-100g (3-4 oz) caster sugar (I used 75g/3oz)
- 1 orange, finely zested
- 2 vanilla beans, split down their length
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F, (gas mark 4).
- Lay out the rhubarb in one layer on a shallow baking tray. Sprinkle with the caster sugar, zest the orange over the top and lay the vanilla beans on top to finish.
- Now encase the whole tray with a tine foil lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. At this stage, test to see if the rhubarb is cooked - if a sharp knife will pierce it easily, then it is ready.
- Serve warm or cold.
Keywords: breakfast, healthy, easy