Cranberry sauce is so quick and easy to make, that it really isn't worth opening a jar.
Make sure that you've got enough time to get out to the shops to buy the ingredients to make your own cranberry sauce, infused with orange, cinnamon and ginger. Christmas in a bowl.
This is SO easy and it's also SO much tastier than anything you'll buy in a jar. You can adjust the sweetness to suit your taste - I like it pretty sharp - and it will keep beautifully in the fridge or freeze like a dream. Your turkey sandwiches will be forever grateful - especially if you also add a touch of your favourite stuffing.
Go on - give it a try ...Print
Cranberry sauce is so easy to make that it isn't worth opening a jar of the ready made variety. Adjust the sweetness to suit you and it will keep in the fridge or freezer like a dream.
Tweaked from a recipe by Delia Smith
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: Christmas
- 450g (1lb) fresh cranberries
- Rind and juice of 1 large orange
- 4cm piece of cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar, adjusted to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons port
- Place the cranberries in a saucepan.
- Pare off the coloured part of the orange rind with a sharp knife and cut it into very fine shreds. Add these, with the juice of the orange to the pan, along with the ginger, sugar and spices.
- Bring everything up to a simmer, stir well, put a lid on the pan and let it simmer very gently for about 5 minutes. Taste to adjust the sweetness.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the port.
- Allow to cool before chilling or freezing until required.
- Remove the cloves and cinnamon stick before serving!
looks delicious! xx