Crunchy Red Cabbage and Grape Salad
This Crunchy Red Cabbage and Grape Salad is a fresh and simple side dish lightly dressed with a slightly sweetened lemon & olive oil dressing.
The recipe is slightly tweaked from Green Kitchen Stories.
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Side Salad
For the salad -
- 1/2 a medium-sized red cabbage (approx 300g/11oz), very finely sliced
- 1/2 small red onion (approx 50g/2oz), very finely sliced
- 20 red grapes (my grapes were tiny so I used more), cut in half
- a small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing -
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid or in a small bowl. Shake or mix to combine.
- Toss the salad with some of the dressing just before serving.
- You may not use all of the dressing, depending on how lightly dressed you like your salads. Any leftover dressing will keep well in the fridge and will be delicious on a regular green salad.
Keywords: fresh, light, healthy