Easy Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecakes
Create yourself an occasion, stock up on some lemon curd and you're half way to a dessert to remember.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Western
- 6 gingernut biscuits
- 25g (1oz) almonds, finely chopped
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) frozen raspberries (no need to defrost them)
- 150g (5oz) good lemon curd (approx 6 heaped teaspoons)
- 250g (9oz) mascarpone
- finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a splash or 2 of milk
- 1 rounded dessertspoon icing sugar
- 18 fresh raspberries (approx 60g / 2½oz)
- a handful of toasted, flaked almonds
- Place the gingernut biscuits in a plastic bag and give them a good bash with a rolling pin until they are reduced to crumbs. Now combine the biscuit crumbs and the finely chopped almonds in a bowl and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a small, covered dish in the microwave and stir into the nutty, biscuity rubble, mixing well. Share this mixture between 6 small glasses (mine were 175ml / 6floz capacity).
- Next divide the frozen raspberries between the 6 glasses - there is no need to defrost them.
- Now spoon a heaped teaspoon of lemon curd on the top of the raspberries in each glass.
- Tip the mascarpone into a mixing bowl. Add the finely grated zest of a large lemon, vanilla extract, icing sugar and a small splash of milk. Mix everything together thoroughly. You are looking to create a dropping consistency so add a touch more milk if you need to - but take it slowly ... Share the mascarpone mixture across the glasses.
- Garnish with a few toasted, flaked almonds and a few fresh raspberries.
Keywords: simple, quick, entertaining, prepare beforehand