Slow Cooker Spanish Pork
Pork shoulder gently braised in tomatoes, spiked with sweet paprika and taken to the next level with a touch of chorizo.
Tweaked from 'Slow Cookers' by Jane Price
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 7 hours
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Western
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 4cm (1½ inch) cubes
- 225g (8oz) hot chorizo sausages, sliced (mine was labelled 'picante')
- 600g (1lb 5oz) small new potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into big chunks
- 400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- a small pinch of saffron
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 10 thyme sprigs
- 60g (¼ cup) tomato purée
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- a handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Add the pork, chorizo, potatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, saffron, paprika and thyme to the slow cooker.
- Mix the tomato purée, water, stock and sherry in a small bowl and pour over the pork and vegetables. Stir well.
- Cook on HIGH for 6½ hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Season to taste, remove the thyme stalks and stir through the chopped parsley.
Keywords: cosy, prepare ahead, winter, autumn