Pulling together a repertoire of side dishes is always a great idea, because, with that kind of armoury, you can start to really have some fun. Well, let me introduce you to this Sweetcorn and Lime Salsa ...
You know how most of the time when something is too good to be true - it is ... well here's an exception. This dish is simple, simple, simple but with sensational flavours and textures. To say that this dish has 5 ingredients makes it sound more involved than it actually is - for this bowl of loveliness is simply raw sweetcorn (sliced off the cob) and dressed with lime juice, a little olive oil and some finely chopped parsley. The sweetness of the corn and the sharp, acidity of the lime is a match made in heaven and the whole look and feel of the dish has a surprisingly funky vibe.
I came across the recipe as a topping for the most beautiful soup over at Green Kitchen Stories. The soup/topping combination is to die for but I couldn't leave the topping alone and found myself eating it on its own .... and loving it as an accompaniment to everything else that I was cooking.
And here's why I'm convinced that you are going to fall in love with this Sweetcorn and Lime Salsa -
- You will have this made in 10 minutes ... tops. No cooking required.
- These are fresh, natural, beautiful ingredients at their best.
- It looks gloriously pretty. That dazzling yellow will brighten up any spread.
- You can prepare this ahead of time and have it sitting pretty in the fridge until you need it.
- I love it with fish, vegetable tarts, roasted chicken and it's yummy with burgers. It would make a great addition to a picnic too.
Another one for your side dishes repertoire? I hope so ...Print
Sweetcorn and Lime Salsa
This Sweetcorn and Lime Salsa is simply raw sweetcorn dressed with lime, olive oil + a little parsley. Fresh, natural, beautiful ingredients at their best.
Tweaked from a recipe by Green Kitchen Stories
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Western
- 4 fresh corn cobs, all husks removed
- a small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 3-4 limes - depending on the size and juiciness of the fruits you may not need them all, so perhaps squeeze them as you add the juice to avoid wastage.
- a little olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs and place in a bowl.
- Now add the parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, a little of the lime juice and some salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the lime juice, olive oil and seasoning until the flavours are right for you.
Keywords: fresh, quick, easy