There's a new plan in our house.
Once a week, during the weekend (for reasons of practicality and sanity), our two teenage sons will tackle dinner. For the rest of the family.
So what do you get when you give two teenagers free rein in the kitchen?
- A lot of banter.
- Quite a bit of a mess - I'm not sure that wiping down the worktops becomes a thing until you have a house of your own.
- A high degree of sibling rivalry - "Isn't everything a competition, Mum?"
- The opportunity to choose what's for dinner - the only proviso being that the recipe must be from this blog. They will be, in fact, the ultimate recipe testers.
- A chance for my boys to start learning some cooking skills that go beyond Pot Noodles and breakfast cereal in its various forms.
- A night off cooking for me.
So, everybody wins. Including you, because you get to hear about their exploits week by week and about what they learned (and I learned too) along the way. And if you (and your teenagers) fancy joining us on this culinary journey do let us know by commenting and of course be sure to snap a photo of your dinner and hashtag it #marmaladeandme. I'd love to see how it goes for you.
First instalment coming soon ...