NOTE - I have updated this post; refreshing the photos and adding some more detail to the content. The recipe remains unchanged.
I'm a big fan of a smoothie. It works perfectly for me as a breakfast on the run and is also ideal when the curse of the braces is really going for it. There are some smoothies that feel like breakfast in a glass, but this Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie is more of a 'drink me at any time of the day' smoothie - including at breakfast time.
I love that it's light and fresh and slightly zingy too. #2 teenage son has declared undying love for this one, even though he's no fan of coconut water. Perhaps it's because it's a bit like a Pina Colada for breakfast ... ♡
What do you need for this Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie?
- Frozen banana - if your house is anything like ours, you will always have a supply of these in your freezer
- Fresh pineapple - you could also use this straight from the freezer, especially if you prefer your smoothie really cold
- The juice of a small lime - balances out the sweetness of the banana and the pineapple
- Coconut water - this gives a subtle coconut flavour without being overly rich.
What have I learned about making this smoothie?
- Have all the ingredients as cold as possible before you make it - frozen banana, chilled or frozen pineapple and chilled coconut water. There's nothing worse than a tepid smoothie.
- I sometimes add a sprig of coriander to the blender for an extra level of flavour but it doesn't suit everyone.
- The smoothie will separate slightly so blitz it at the last moment and serve with a straw for stirring as well as drinking.
Why I'm sure you'll love this Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie
- It's a refreshing change from the usual smoothie flavours.
- The pineapple flavour is quite bold, so it's not one of those smoothies that just tastes of banana!
- It would feel special for an occasion breakfast - especially garnished with a cocktail umbrella and a slice of pineapple ♡
Transport yourself to a holiday island paradise with this totally tropical taste ...sun, sea, sand and a Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie delivered to your side. On a tray. Garnished with a paper cocktail umbrella. Now could you pass the sun cream ...?Print