TikTok Wraps (with fillings to suit your mood)
TikTok wraps are a clever spin on a quesadilla. They come together easily, are crispy on the outside and gooey and tasty on the inside. And MOST importantly, they make for easy eating and less filling ‘spillage’ - which is huge!
- Author: Rachel Page
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Pan fried
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 tbsp olive oil + an extra drizzle for cooking the wraps
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 100g (1 cup) cooked, shredded chicken
- 1-2 heaped teaspoons harissa (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- a little lime juice
- 150g (1 cup) slow roasted cherry tomatoes
- 100g (1 cup) cheese, grated (I used a mixture of strong cheddar and mozzarella)
- 4 large wraps/tortillas
Prepare the fillings -
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently sauté the sliced onions until they are soft. Add the shredded chicken to the pan and stir through the harissa. Taste for flavour and seasoning and adjust accordingly. Tip the chicken filling into a bowl and wash the frying pan ready for later.
- Combine the mashed avocado with lime juice and season to taste.
For each wrap -
- Lay out a wrap on a board and with a pair of scissors make one cut to the centre. Use the photos (above) as a guide to fill each quarter with a filling.
- Now starting with the guacamole quarter, fold the wrap into a triangle.
To cook the wraps -
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan. Add one folded wrap and cook 2-3 minutes per side until crisp and golden brown. You may find it helpful to press down onto the wrap with a fish slice to be sure that the wrap gets fully golden and crunchy.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: snack, tortillas, packed lunch, TV dinner