You know how it is - cauliflower can be a bit ... well ... dull. Smother it in a rich, cheese sauce and cover it with a layer of crispy, golden breadcrumbs and we may be getting somewhere - but what if you were looking for something a little lighter; a little fresher; a little healthier? Here my friends is your answer ...
This Roasted Curried Cauliflower Salad is another easy, versatile, delicious side dish to add to your ever-growing repertoire of recipes.
The cauliflower florets are tossed in olive oil and roasted in a hot oven until they are beautifully charred on the edges and their crunch has just lessened. Then they are tossed with some succulent sultanas, a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkling or two of curry powder. Add a little chopped parsley and some finely grated lemon zest and you have another winner of a dish.
And here's why this Roasted Curried Cauliflower Salad is sure to make it into your top ten favourite dishes when you are needing a little something on the side
- This is a very speedy side dish - 15 minutes roasting and only a matter of seconds to finish it off.
- It would seem that cauliflowers are great value for money wherever you are in the world and always seem to be available. This is a cost-effective side dish.
- No fancy ingredients to hunt down here.
- You can easily adjust the spiciness of this dish according to how you like it by adding more or less curry powder. The amount of zesty, lemony flavour is up to you as well. Taste as you add the flavours until you have it just right.
- This is gorgeous straight from the oven but is at its best when it's at room temperature. It'll still taste great the next day too and will be a welcome addition to a packed lunch.
- This is a perfect dish to take to a BBQ or a Pot Luck event. It goes well with oily fish, meats, chicken or is ideal in a mix of other vegetarian delights. We ate it today with some Chorizo & Sweet Potato Quesadillas, some roasted vine tomatoes and a few baby potatoes. Mmmmmm...
So what do you think? Is this one to try for size? On your marks, get set .... GO.Print